There’s no better way to ensure that your dog is getting exactly what he/she needs in their diet than making meals for your dog. But for some, the idea of hand-making meals is just another thing we don’t have enough hours in the day for. That’s why when selecting the recipes we ensured that they were simple enough to make, both in regards to the ingredients and the time and steps to make them. And we’ve already done the research for you so click through our list of amazing recipes and bookmark your favorites! Remember to keep any dietary restrictions (like food allergies) in mind, and be sure to talk to your vet about the switch to homemade meals and how it could affect your pup.
When you make this “Homemade Turkey Loaf Recipe” for Dogs, you’ll know exactly what your best friend is eating. We believe dogs should eat just as healthily as their human companions, so all of our dog food recipes are made with human-grade ingredients! No need to worry about additives, preservatives, sweeteners, or other unhealthy ingredients.
To increase the nutritional value of this recipe, You can add any or all of the following:
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
1/3 cup diced white mushrooms
1/2 cup diced baby spinach in place of green beans
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 egg large
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes (with liquid, no sodium)
- 1/2 cup carrots finely diced
- 1/2 cup green beans diced (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1/2 cup brown rice or quinoa cooked
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl thoroughly combine all ingredients. Spread mixture into a 5 x 7-inch loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Slice and chop into bite-sized pieces. Store covered in the refrigerator, or freeze.
How to Make Ahead:
After the loaf has cooled, slice it into individual servings and store it in a freezer-safe bag or container. Remove slices as needed and defrost them in the refrigerator the night before serving.