There’s no better way to ensure that your dog is getting exactly what he/she needs in their diet than making meals for your dog. But for some, the idea of hand-making meals is just another thing we don’t have enough hours in the day for. That’s why when selecting the recipes we ensured that they were simple enough to make, both in regards to the ingredients and the time and steps to make them. And we’ve already done the research for you so click through our list of amazing recipes and bookmark your favorites! Remember to keep any dietary restrictions (like food allergies) in mind, and be sure to talk to your vet about the switch to homemade meals and how it could affect your pup.
‘Pumpkin, Black Bean & Rice Patties’ for your dogs, super easy to make, and your pup will love it. Vegan & gluten-free this simple, 3-ingredient kibble topper is sure to be a favorite of your pups! It’s super easy to make and well worth it when you watch your dog gobble it up with joy!
makes 7 patties (3 patties per serving)
1 cup Veg dog kibble
3 Tbsp pumpkin pureé
1/2 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup black beans
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F, line baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
2. Add beans to the mixing bowl and mash a little (bean pieces are totally fine).
3. Add pumpkin and rice to a bowl, and stir.
4. Roll into balls, flatten into patties, bake for 20 minutes, flip, and bake for 15 more minutes.
5. Let cool and serve 3 on top of one cup of veg dog kibble.