There’s no better way to ensure that your dog is getting exactly what he/she needs in their diet than making meals for your dog. But for some, the idea of hand-making meals is just another thing we don’t have enough hours in the day for. That’s why when selecting the recipes we ensured that they were simple enough to make, both in regards to the ingredients and the time and steps to make them. And we’ve already done the research for you so click through our list of amazing recipes and bookmark your favorites! Remember to keep any dietary restrictions (like food allergies) in mind, and be sure to talk to your vet about the switch to homemade meals and how it could affect your pup.
Here’s an interesting twist on homemade dog food. This completely vegan version has only four ingredients – quinoa, bananas, frozen peas, and sweet potatoes – creating a simple, clean dish for dogs.
- Makes 2 servings
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 cup frozen peas, cooked according to directions on the package
- 2/3 cups uncooked quinoa + 1 1/3 cup water (yields 2 cups cooked)
- 1 banana, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Line baking sheet with tin foil.
3. Pierce sweet potato with a fork multiple times around the sweet potato.
4. Place on a baking sheet and bake for one hour.
5. While the sweet potato is baking, cook quinoa: Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a stockpot. Lower temperature and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes.
6. Chop sweet potatoes into small pieces when cooled.
7. Combine quinoa, sweet potatoes, peas, and banana, and separate into 3 equal servings.
8. Serve to your pup and watch them enjoy!